Honesty is the best policy.

For regular readers of the blog you'll know that I dip in and out of being good and falling off the healthy wagon! You'll also know that I mainly use the blog to post recipes and don't always make time to discuss the trials and tribulations of what it is to be a weight watcher (or any other type of person trying to, and struggling to, lose weight!) SO to help me, and to inspire those of you on a similar journey to myself, I am going to for the first time in my life..... be publicly honest and open about my weight and make a real effort to use this platform to do something about it. 

So...... How much do I weigh? Currently the scales say 12 stone 4. Yes you read that right ....... 12.4 and NO I'm not big boned! This has fluctuated over the years from 10.4 at my thinest to 12.7 at my heaviest. 3 lbs off my heaviest = time to really focus! I know from experience that the weight isn't going to fall off overnight so I will be setting myself targets here and then sharing my successes with you!

My first target is to get into the next stone bracket (i.e 11.13) and this time, no excuses. 

I have a very busy life. To give you an example - we've only had one full free weekend since January! I usually use this busyness as an excuse for my downfall, but the reality is this isn't going to change. I like being busy. I love life. So it's time to make this the new normal and stop making excuses. 

I've been busy today planning my meals for this week. For some people this is a chore. I, on the other hand love it! I spent 2 hours in the kitchen today prepping and cooking to help me stay on track this week. 

I usually use a variety of sources, but for some reason a lot of my recipes are taken/adapted from the Happy Pear cookbooks this week. While not the lowest in points as a weight watcher, I've been able to modify to balance high point foods and taste. It's important to point out here that the high points food aren't bad foods so I'm happy to be more flexible. You can read more about the Happy Pear buckos here: https://thehappypear.ie 

So how have I prepared for the week ahead? 
As usual, I've done a menu planner for the week. We usually only have a green juice for breakfast (recipe from Juice Master, Jason Vale) but I've decided I want something more substantial so I've included some yummy breakfasts. 

Here's the menu planner: 


Shopping done, time to get prepping: 



I've made my own granola. I'll be having this later in the week with yoghurt and berries. 


Baked in the oven......


It made about 800g and I've stored it in an airtight container to keep it nice and crunchy. 



While the oven was on to roast the granola, I also cooked some sweet potato for a Fritatta on Tuesday. 


Again, I've stored it in an airtight container and popped it in the fridge. 


Lunch tomorrow is herby couscous. I'm using giant couscous for the first time. Anyone tried it before? 


To the couscous I'll add toasted cashew nuts, edamame beans & goji berries (& a few other bits) 


I've also prepared breakfast for tomorrow. I'm having this a few times this week (if it's nice :0) It's chia seed pudding. 


It's in the fridge steeping and should turn out like this (courtsey of the Happy Pear 'the world of the happy pear' page 13) 


Finally, I've made a delicious Dahl. Like any curry based dish, I always think it tastes better on day two, so the fact we're not eating it until tomorrow night means it should be even tastier by then. 



So there you have it! No point hiding the scale (boom!) of the challenge ahead and I'm genuinely excited about it and committed to being honest over the coming months as I embark on this journey ..... Regardless of how busy I might be! 

Fancy coming on this journey with me? While honesty is the best policy, this challenge will also be easier if I have company!  I will be posting all recipes on this blog throughout the week and posting everything that passes my lips!

So ......... Until next week...... Wish me luck! 











Comments

Popular Posts