Day 2.... Burning through my weeklies!

So today I had 3 meals, 2 miniature heroes and a skinny cappuccino and still managed to use 38 points. 8 over my allowance! 
How did I spend so many points I hear you say? Here's how.......

Breakfast:
I managed to have my breakfast at breakfast time today (it was midday by the time I had it yesterday!) and it was delicious!  My favourite part was definitely the granola! Not the lowest in points but I know I made it myself and exactly what's it in! 

The recipe has been adapted from the Happy Pear's 2nd cookbook. I've left out the dried fruit and fancy stuff (such as dried banana) because I think they are unnecessary points! The recipe can be found here: http://notsuchastickinsect.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/granola-coconutty-gorgeousness.html


Breakfast:
Berries (blueberries, strawberries and raspberries)
100g Fat free Natural yoghurt
2 tbsps Granola. 

Points value: 8




Fluffy goodness for Lunch
Sweet potato, spinach, goat's cheese Fritatta. 

Points value: 19 for the lot so 7 for 3 slices. 

We are a relatively healthy bunch at CHC towers. We recently had a Subway open on our business park and it gets good business from our office, but apart from that, options are limited and most people bring their own lunch. 

Eating healthy is time consuming, by the time we make dinner and lunch from scratch, it's nearly bed time.... So it's good to plan ahead and mix it up with some quick options. 

For those who read my blog on the weekend, you'll have seen that I roasted the sweet potato for this Fritatta on Sunday. 

It's lovely hot or cold and I usually serve with a green salad with balsamic vinegar.  I got 8 portions out of this Fritatta, of which I ate 3. 


The full recipe is here: 
http://notsuchastickinsect.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/spinach-sweet-potato-and-goats-cheese.html 

Dinner : 3 Bean Chilli, brown rice and grated cheese. 

Points value: 
Chilli 8
Rice 6
Cheese 2 


Dinner was courtsey of the BBC Good Food website. We used borloti beans for the first time..... delicious! Ridiculous to get excited by a new bean, but I did !!! Every time I eat this dish I think of my god daughter Clodagh. Her big brother Tadhg (2) calls her Bean Clodagh! He's a cutie pie! 


My treats today were 2 X miniature heroes which set me back 4 points! I had one straight after my lunch which was probably a waste (but I craved it) and the other during my dip at 3pm. I needed them believe me and found it difficult stopping at 2. I was also very proud of myself as we had left over buffet in the office from a training course and I didn't touch it. Usually I would sniff and swallow 10 mini spring rolls and samosas without even tasting them! 

I also had a skinny cappuccino during a meeting at the end of the day fo a further 3 points. 



So there you have it. What do you think of the points values? 
As I said in my blog yesterday, happy to be flexible this week, see what the scales say and then next week stick to all weight watchers recipes. 

Total today 38
Total over allowance 8 (need to use weeklies) 
Total number of weeklies left (28) 

Until tomorrow! 



Comments

Popular Posts