Day 3 ...on the gin

My God what a long week!  How can it only be Wednesday?
I cycled to work this morning, 35 mins in the lovely sunshine. Thought it would be good to burn a few calories, get some fresh air and help clear my head after work instead of sitting in traffic. 

This was along the route! Lovely isn't it? 




I had my breakfast when I got to work. It was the chia seed pudding. I believe most people refer to it as overnight oats! Very filling, colourful and tasty. 


Points value 8

Even though it was sunny, it was cold and our office was freezing! I had no tights or socks on and I was freezing starting at my feet. I shared a heater with my colleague and any time either of us got up to make a cuppa or go to the photocopier, the other angled it slighted towards them! 

So, I was glad to have a tasty soup for lunch! I get bored of blended soups, so l love this chunky version of leek and potato. The recipe can be found here: http://notsuchastickinsect.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/leek-potato-soup.html


Points value 6.

There were more buffet leftovers in the office today and I'm happy to report I didn't even have a morsel!  It would have been so easy to have a few sambos with my soup but I didn't! Go me! 

Here's what I didn't have: 



I met a friend for a chin wag and coffee after work. But because I was on my bike, my coffee magically turned into a gin and tonic! Marvellous. I did however forget to order slimline tonic so my tipple ended up costing me 4 points!  I then burnt off those calories on the 35 minute cycle home as I smugly weaved in and out through traffic!  

Points value 4 


I got home and the plan was to have chicken and lentil curry courtsey of Joe Wicks & Lean in 15! What I failed to read was the method which specified to soak the lentils for an hour and then cook for a further hour! Feck that, we were starving. 

We did a quick google search based on the ingredients we had and came up with a delicious recipe Chicken and Cashew stirfry from the BBC good food site. The recipe can be found here: 



Points value: 
22/2 =11 each for stirfry
6 for the rice
Total: 17 

So 3 meals and a G&T and I spent 31 points. 1 over my allowance. If only I had that slimline tonic!!!!

Total weeklies left: 
27 

Until tomorrow 
Edx 








Comments

Popular Posts