Day 4.... On the bubbles!

Hello all, happy day 4!!!!
Cycled to and from work again today and felt like a wee celebration when I got home. There's a theme here, isn't there? Good job Mr O'Clark had a bottle of prosecco in the fridge. You see, I know I'm counting points but you have to live too, life is too short. Hopefully you'll see over the weeks that you can have the odd treat and still lose! So, how many points in a half bottle of prosecco? Read to the end to find out! And YES it's worth it! 


Started my day with berries, granola and yoghurt:
Berries (blueberries, strawberries and raspberries)
100g Fat free Natural yoghurt
2 tbsps Granola .... You can find the granola recipe here: http://notsuchastickinsect.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/granola-coconutty-gorgeousness.html 


Points value: 8


Lunch was an adaption of the Happy Pear's Thai tofu salad. I used chicken thighs instead. Why? Because I had three left over from last night and didn't want to waste them. You could reduce points by using chicken breast. Tofu tastes like lung. Not that I've ever eaten lung, but it's what I imagine it to taste like! 
The sesame seeds were also 1 point per portion, but I like the texture they add and think they are worth the point. Did you know the seeds of the cucumber are what causes heartburn? I love that this recipe deseeds them! 
So.... All in all a high lunch, but very satisfying. 

Dinner was lentil and cod curry. For those who read the blog last night, you'll have read that we were supposed to have chicken and lentil curry for dinner last night, until we found out the lentils had to be steeped for an hour. So we steeped them overnight and decided to have cod and lentil curry tonight instead of chorizo and cod.  Cod is such good value for points and cod loin is always on offer in tesco. 


The picture doesn't do it justice and looks like puke, but it tasted lovely, nice bit of heat from the ginger and chilli, but also felt light. Points value: 12

I mentioned at the top of the blog that I had some bubbles! Why? Because it's nearly the weekend and why not!  1/2 bottle is worth every bit of their 11 points. 

Right, so day 4 means that 3 meals and 1/2 bottle of fizz has set me back 47 points! 17 over my daily allowance.  This isn't bad, especially if you take  my exercise into account. But will I lose weight on Sunday? Time will tell. 

Weeklies left: 10

Comments

Popular Posts