well I did say I was greedy!

Matt's turn to cook last night - here's the finished product!

Spinach and ricotta cannelloni

Total recipe

28 pp including optional cheese

Should serve 4, but as I said in my first post I am greedy so ate half of it so 14pp per person.

Serves 4 (or 2 if you're greedy/starving!)

110g Cannelloni tubes

250g of light ricotta cheese

1 packet of frozen spinach, defrosted with excess water squeezed out

1 onion, cut finely

60g of light feta cheese, cut finely

1 tin of tomato - blitzed

2 clove of garlic

pinch of nutmeg

salt and pepper to taste

*My alterations:

I also added 60g of half fat cheddar to the recipe for an additional 4pp.

I should also say I used full fat Ricotta because it was all I could find - so if you can find the skinny version it will be fewer.

Also I'm saying 'I' but as pointed out above, Matt actually made this so I can't really take any credit for how yummy it was!

1. Set oven to 180 degrees

2. mix ricotta, feta, spinach, onion, nutmeg, garlic and salt and pepper together (I actually used the food processor to blitz it)

3. put some tomato sauce in the oven dish

4. put the mixture inside the cannelloni tubes (this took a bit of effort but easier to do with the blitzed mixture)and lie on top of the tomato sauce

5. if you have any mixture left over spread across the top of the cannelloni and cover with tomato sauce and the grated cheddar cheese

6. Put in the oven for 40-50 minutes

7. Sit on your hands and try not to snack while it is cooking.

I served it with a green salad with a dressing of 1 tsp of wholegrain mustard, juice of a lemon and a tsp of olive oil all mixed together.

Will be featuring a ww friendly breakfast tomorrow!

Comments

  1. Good work Matt . You have him well trained!! Must try this. It sounds delicious and anything with chesse is always yummy . X

    ReplyDelete
  2. For those who don't like cauliflower , try these they found fab
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/spicy-buffalo-cauliflower-bites.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love 7. Sit on your hands and try not to snack while it is cooking.

    I'd need the three kids to sit on me (ant too) and I'd still manage a sneaky biscuit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was yummy. Will be making it again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts