Off to a flying start.... once the Christmas goodies were gone!


So I went back to my weight watchers class. It was the first time since mid November. The usual 'new year resolution' queue was out the door and as I approached the leader I started stripping; coat, scarf, boots, cardigan, necklace and even my earings! Desperate I know! I sucked my belly in, closed my eyes and stepping on the scales -hoping for the best. To my surprise I only gained 7lbs and considering that included the damage of my wedding, honeymoon, Christmas and New Year - I was very happy indeed.

To celebrate I went home, skipped dinner and ate all the left over Christmas chocolates and cheese, washed down with some red wine! Terrible I know but that was it gone, all treats and snacks eaten (not just binned!) and the house was temptation free. I was finally ready for my 2013 journey to start!!!

This was dinner last night: Thai Green Butternut Curry (Cook Smart nice 'n' spicy; page 110)

It's 2 propoints per serving and I had it with 6 propoints worth of rice (60g dried).... um um ummmmm

Serves 4

600ml veg stock

2tablespoons thai green curry paste

25g creamed coconut

6 shallots, roughly chopped

2 garlic cloves

450g butternut squash, large cubes

150g green beans

3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander


*My alterations: The recipe calls for 225g cherry tomatoes, halved but I omitted these - I've made it before with these and don't think they added anything to it! Also I like a kick to my curries - so I added 2 tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce for an extra 2 propoints!

1. Pour the stock into a large saucepan and add the curry paste and creamed coconut. Bring to the boil, stirring, until the coconut dissolves.

2. Boil the sauce on high for 5 minutes, then add the shallot, garlic and butternut. Cook over a medium heat so it keeps bubbling, after 10 minutes add the green beans and sweet chilli if using and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the squash is tender.

3. Add the tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes. Sprinkle with coriander and serve.

Next entry will be over the weekend!

Comments

  1. You are fab Ed.. Good for you.. I'll be trying out your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you fly over and eat my Xmas treats. Selection boxes and tins of biscuits... too many to gobble in one sitting!!! Blog is fantastic. Making a folder of your recipes, very excited!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, I had a creamy bacon pasta , a massive 12 points. What's on the menu for tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tonight was Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni, will post tomorrow. Tomorrow night is fish pie with veg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will u post your recipe for the cannelloni when u get a chance. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok made this tonight and omg it was scumdiddlyumptious!!!!!! (if that is actual word). Instead of 400g of butternut I used 200g of butternut and 200g of chicken breast pieces, and chicken stock instead of veg.
    Also Ed.... ya must like it very hot coz I didn't add chilli and still had to add bit of sour cream! Ah Sure I forgot ya were a hot bit of stuff

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts