Drum roll please.....In January I lost a total of......


Seven pounds!! Half of my target of a stone! I am really really pleased and am now back to the weight I was for the wedding. I'll hopefully be able to hit my target of a stone by the time I go on holiday in March!!

That said I didn't drink much in January because Matt is part-taking in Dry Athlete and drinking on my own is not near as much fun! If you'd like to sponsor him, visit http://www.justgiving.com/dryathlete-matt-clark (it's for a really good cause!)

That said I did say in a previous post that I was going to snack less - so snack less, drink more, stay veggie during the week and have meat on the weekend - that's my game plan for February. I might even go back to the gym!

Last night we had Moorish Tagine - here's the recipe

Moorish Tagine

Serves 2

10 pp per serving/19 pp per recipe


1 onion, chopped

400ml hot veg stock

150g sweet potato, peeled and diced into small cubes

100g fine green beans (I used frozen, defrosted and a handful of sugarsnap peas)

1 red pepper, sliced

1 tsps Moroccan spice

100g dried couscous

1/2 410g can chick peas

(use raisins or dried apricots if you like - but they'll be extra points)

1. heat a wide lidded non stick pan and spray with the low fat spray, cook the sweet potato til it starts to caramelise . remove from the pan and re-spray. Cook the onion until beginning to soften. Add the sweet potato back to the pan and add the stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.

2. stir in the beans, pepper and moroccan spice. Cover and cook gently for 5 minutes. Stir in the couscous, chickpeas and fruit if using! Cover and take off the heat.

3. let it stand for 5 minutes then fluff up the couscous with a fork and serve!

This would be a delic lunch too if there's any leftovers, served with salad!

Comments

  1. Well done you. I hope your having the Thai rice for dinner tomorrow. I'm dying for the recipe !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right young Reilly, Thai fried rice with cashew nuts and stir fried sugarsnaps tomorrow :) right off to the pit. Miss you xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts