Jamie's Miso Soup


It's been a good week this week - ww scales tell me I'm 3.5lbs lighter! I'll take that.

Cooked this for dinner last night. Even as I got to the bottom of the bowl - I still wasn't 100% sure if I like it or not! The Miso pase has a beany flavour and the texture of some of the mushrooms was a bit slimy! We're doing meat free January, so I will try it again and include the chicken breast as stated in the recipe below. I also think the Porcini mushrooms weren't necessary! I'll leave them in the recipe and you can decide if you want to include them - I felt they were a bit overpowering.

For those counting points it worked out at 8 smartpoints - without the chicken.

serves 2

Again this recipe is from Jamie Oliver's Everyday superfood.

The picture is a bit rubbish and the mushroom on the spoon made me giggle (childish I know!)



Enjoy!

Ingredients

• 150 g mixed brown and wild or brown rice

• 20 g dried porcini mushrooms

• 1 red onion

• sesame oil

• 1 x 5cm piece of ginger

• 1 heaped teaspoon miso paste

• 800 ml chicken stock

• 6 radishes

• rice or white wine vinegar

• 1 x 200 g skinless free-range chicken breast

• 1 handful of curly kale

• 1 sheet of nori

• 150 g mixed exotic mushrooms, I bought the pre packed trio form Tesco

Method:

1 Cook the rice according to the packet instructions. Put the porcini in a small bowl and just cover with boiling water to rehydrate them.

2. Meanwhile, peel the onion and cut into eighths, then place in a medium pan on a medium-high heat with 1 teaspoon of sesame oil. Cook for a few minutes, or until dark golden, stirring occasionally, while you peel and finely chop the ginger. Reduce the heat to medium-low, then add the ginger, miso paste and stock, along with the porcini and soaking water, leaving the last gritty bit behind. Cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.

3. Halve the radishes, put them into a bowl, toss in a splash of vinegar and a small pinch of sea salt and leave aside to quickly pickle.

4. Finely slice the chicken and tear the kale and nori into small pieces, removing any tough stalks from the kale. Break up the mushrooms, and stir it all through the broth. Re-cover and cook for 4 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Drain and divide the rice between your bowls, followed by the radishes. Season the broth, ladle it into the bowls, then serve.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts