Salmon and Bulgar wheat pilaf

Delicious dish, 9 pp per serving but juicy chunks of salmon, tangy lemon and the nutty bulgar wheat this is well worth the points. This serves 2.


 

Ingredients
Oil spray
I onion, finely chopped
175g bulgar wheat
3/4 pint veg stock made with stock cube ( I made this the same time as making Sunday dinner so just used the water from the Sunday veg and left out the stock cube)
2 salmon darns (I seasoned and put in the oven the same time as roasting the Sunday dinner, took about 10 minutes, the removed the skin and weighed, 170g for both) 
4 cubes for frozen spinach, defrosted
100g frozen peas, defrosted
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Seasoning

Method 
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onion. Cook until softened then add the bulgar wheat and stock and bring to the boil. Cover and reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes until stock is fully absorbed. 
2. Stir in the zest, juice, peas, spinach and heat through. I flaked the salmon on top because it want it to be chunky tomorrow but you can add in at this stage. 
3. I'll let you know what I think tomorrow! 

Comments

Popular Posts