Fatty is back!!!


Oh what a glorious few weeks I've had! Back at home for the beautiful Fionnuala's wedding, then a holiday of a lifetime in search of the Northern Lights in Sweden - and they didn't disappoint - pics will be uploaded on facebook later this week, and St Patrick's day which we spent with lovely friends and scrummy food. (I have to say that because we hosted)

Here's a flavour of the boldness in pictures.


Birthday cake for Matt courtesy of Julie Moran!


Vodka in ice glasses in the Ice bar at the Ice Hotel


Dessert in the ice hotel


Duck, duck and more duck


Diamond cocktails


As well as lamb, we had Moose, Reindeer, snow grouse and Elk!


Millefeuille on ice


St Paddies Lime and Coconut cake - thanks to Joan!


No Paddies day would be complete without an Irish coffee... ummm

As you can see - and in true 'me' style I took the opportunity to embrace 'holiday mode' and I have well and truly fallen off the wagon - and my switch has yet to switch back! So it's back to the blog to keep me on the straight and narrow.

I've not returned to WW either, using the excuse that I was in North Wales with work - but I did hop on the scales at work and the prognosis wasn't good!

Fatty is back!

And I'm nearly back to square one - 6lbs on since I last weighed. 6lbs - nearly half a bloody stone! And I know exactly why! Hot chocolate with cream, bread - ohhhh lots of bread, dessert every night and lots of snacking - not to mention the alcohol. I also broke lent in style and Matt reckons I'm going to hell! Time to get back on the old weight watchers wagon and nip this boldness in the bud now!

First recipe back is Italian seafood stew which we enjoyed last night. We did however have a delicious bottle of white with it - thought it better to ease myself back into it!

I will reveal the next weight loss on 3rd April (Wednesday week)and with a busy Easter ahead..... I will need all the help I can get.

How's everyone else getting on?

Italian Seafood Stew


Serves 4

21 pp per recipe (roughly 5pp per serving)

low fat cooking spray

1 onion

2 celery sticks, thinly sliced

2 carrots, thinly sliced

100g pasta (macaroni)

600ml fish stock (made with one stock cube)

2 bay leaves

2 slices of lemon

1 clove garlic

1 tin tomatoes

400g fish/seafood. I used 300g cod, cut into big chunks and 100g prawns but you can use any fish/seafood mix you like

1 tablespoon chopped dill

15g parmaesan cheese

salt and pepper

I served with 50g crusty bread for an additional 4pp.

1. heat a lidded non stick pan and spray with the cooking spray. Cook the onion, garlic, celery and carrot for 5-8 minutes until softened but not brown.

2. stir in the pasta, fish stock, bay leaves, lemon slices, tomatoes and half the dill and bring to the boil. Cover and gently simmer for 30 minutes until the pasta is cooked.

3. stir in the seafood with 5 minutes to go, check the seasoning, remove the bay leaves and serve in warmed bowls sprinkled with the remaining dill and parmaesan.

Comments

Popular Posts